Oversaved 4 36X36, Acrylic on canvas

This is one of the famous alleged photographs of Joseph Smith. PersonallyI find the guy ordinary and not charismatic nor handsome enough. Unlike the other paintings, I decided to keep his hair blonde. I tried to make it black, but the original color won me over. I staged the baby Joseph Smiths like in a movie poster. Movie posters in general consist of floating people staring off in different directions. One away from the main character, some towards. I kind of like that artificiality.
While the other paintings were inspired by spiritualist automatic writing. I was going for a more graphic design look this time. I was drawn by the posters of 1960s movies like The Man with the Golden Arm.I loved the storytelling and streetwise feel of the fonts.



Main figure painted in


Main figure painted in, small figures painted in, half of background





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post 3: Oversaved 2 Progress and Finish

Oversaved 3, 36X36, Acrylic on canvas