Oversaved 3, 36X36, Acrylic on canvas


I started off using the most obvious photos of Joseph Smith. During the progress of the series. I liked the photos of Joseph Smith that look nothing like him. This is the first like photo that I have painted. Joseph Smith is an enigmatic figure. I think people like to add on to history. Maybe Joseph Smith looked altogether different? We have the death mask of Joseph Smith. We know what he looked like. Most of those alleged photos look nothing like that. I saw this photo online and was really enchanted by it. He looks like an old schoolmaster.
I noticed that all my Joseph Smith paintings before had him in the center of the painting. I decided I wanted to have a picture of Joseph Smith pushed aside  On the right the figures are in an active role as assistants in dunking the main figure.
Like all the figures before he is dunked over head with water. This time I used a gothic or scary heavy metal type of font with the "Holiness to the Lord."
I decided to get a little loose and made some light drips in the background.The line markings in the background have a delicate handling and a downward motion as well.



Adding flesh tone

Person Done
Little figures done, rain drops, seraphs and "Holiness to the Lord" done



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post 3: Oversaved 2 Progress and Finish

Post 1: Oversaved idea, First sketch